Terms and Conditions
This document (together with any documents referred to in it) tells you the terms and conditions in which we sell and supply goods to you. In these terms and conditions the Company is defined as the legal entity The Master Cakesmith and the Customer means you the person buying the goods as listed on the invoice. Before confirming your order please read through these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to revise and amend our website, disclaimers and conditions at any time without notice.
1. The Contract – The Contract is between the Customer and the Company and covers all terms and conditions in which we sell goods as defined on the quote.
2. Quotations – All quotations will be sent via e-mail and are valid for 7 days from date of issue. The Company reserve the right to revise prices after this period.
3. Bookings - A booking is only made when the Company receives a non-refundable deposit of £50 for wedding cakes or full payment for celebration cakes payable within 7 days from the date of invoice. Once the deposit or full payment is received the Company will confirm the booking to the Customer. If the deposit is not received within 7 days the date will be freed up for other bookings. Booking fees are for goods as detailed on the Customers invoice and are non-exchangeable.
4. Cancellations - All cancellations must be made in writing. For cancellation with more than 6 months’ notice the deposit is non-refundable or transferable. For cancellations with less than 6 months’ notice the Company may seek compensation for broken contract, to compensate for work carried out (including admin), loss of income, if the Company has turned down enquiries based on your cake order or if they are unable to resell your wedding date. For cancellations with less than 6 weeks’ notice before completion the full amount is payable at the Companies discretion. For celebration cakes a full refund will be given subject to work carried out
5. Changes To Orders – In the event that the customer wanted to change their order a new quote will be issued. Please note that the amount of orders that the Company will undertake are based on confirmed orders and as such will only reduce orders by 10% of your quote excluding minimum spends
6. Payment - The balance must be paid no later than 28 days before the date of delivery for wedding cakes and within 7 days of booking for other orders.
7. Design – All design concepts are copyright of the Company, use of design without approval of the Company will incur charges. All designs shared on social media after the event must be credited to The Master Cakesmith
8. Hire/loan Items - All hire items belong to the Company and must not be defaced, tampered with or changed. All breakages, loss or damages must be paid to replace like for like within 7 days of event. Unless arranged all hire items must be returned within 3 days.
a .All hire items are the responsibility of the Customer until they are returned back to the Company
b. Damaged, broken or lost Items will remain the property of the Company and a replacement charge will be invoiced to the Customer for any products that are damaged, broken or lost. These items will be invoiced to the Customer to replace like for like including P&P. If a third party damages, brakes or loose an item the responsibility still remains with Customer and it is then the Customers responsibility to liaise with the third party to claim compensation. Under no circumstances will the Company liaise with the third party.
c. All monies payable for damaged, broken or lost items are payable within 7 days from invoice. Failure to pay within 7 days will incur a daily hire fee levied onto the original invoice until payment is received.
d. Any items that are retained by the client after 3 days will be charged a daily rate for each item per day until the product is returned to The Company unless otherwise agreed.
e. The Company reserve the right to use a suitable alternative if any of our items that have been lost, damaged or broken and a replacement cannot be sourced before your event. The Company will endeavor to style your cake to fit in with your style, colour scheme and theme of event.
f. Some items are very expensive and will require a damage deposit in the form of a BACS transfer. This will be returned once the items are returned. If the Customer decides they would rather not use these items they are to inform the Company.
g. Delivery & Collection Fee. If the customer requires collection of hire items a mileage fee will apply. This must be arranged in advance and the mileage fee covers the mileage to get to and from the venue plus staff fee. If items are left at the venue and the Company has to collect without prior arrangement a set fee of £100.00 will be invoiced.
9. Delivery- The Company will not accept any liability when it is not able to deliver due to adverse weather or road condition, traffic chaos or other highway hazards. The company shall not be responsible for any default in its obligations where delivery is prevented or delayed as a result of illness, bereavement, war, civil strife, drought, flooding, acts of nature or any other event beyond the reasonable control of the Company. The Company will make every effort to keep the Customer advised in these circumstances.
10. Damages - Once the order has been delivered and set up or collected the Customer is responsible for it and the Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising. If the cake is moved after set up the Company will not take any responsibility for any loss or damage arising and our 100% guarantee for the construction will become void. If the customer is dissatisfied in any way they are responsible for contacting the Company within 48hrs.
11. Allergies - The Company cannot guarantee that any of its products do not contain any substance that may cause some form of allergic reaction. The Customer is responsible for advising their guests of this and the Company will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury from exposure to anything which might cause an allergic reaction such as, but without limitation, nuts, nut products, alcohol, dairy, wheat, sulphates or colouring. The Customer should also note that although the icing, petals and leaves of the flowers are edible, some other decorations are not (wires, ribbons, pins, jewels, boards etc). The Customer is responsible for advising their guests of this and the Company will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from any such exposure.
12. Dietary Requirements – A dietary list of ingredients can be provided to the Customer if required. This must be requested a minimum of 6 weeks before your event. If a venue require a list of ingredients this is to be requested via the Customer as our contract is with the customer not the venue.
13. Venue Set Up & Service - It is the Customers responsibility to check with their venue for restrictions on any part of their order. The Company will not be liable if the venue prevents set up of any restricted elements of their order. It is the Customers responsibility to liaise with their venue for tables, tablecloths and for the cutting and service of their order. The Company are not responsible in any way for the service or cutting of the Customers order.